ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — As Barry threatens the northern Gulf coast, forecasters are also keeping an eye on a tropical wave in the far eastern Atlantic.
The National Hurricane Center forecasters are giving it a 10-percent chance of developing through the next five days.
Fortunately, as we head into the weekend, environmental conditions are expected to worsen, reducing the chances that it will strengthen.
As usual, we will keep an eye on it for you.
What other people are reading right now:
- Convicted child molester who escaped from Florida prison captured in Miami-Dade
- Mother arrested after daughter licks tongue depressor, puts it back at Jacksonville doctor's office
- Dolphin found impaled in the head in South Florida
- He called police on black women at swimming pool. Now he's facing criminal charges
- Fecal pollution puts Tampa area beaches under 'health advisory'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.