TRENTON, Fla. — No, that's not piles of snow. It's hail.
Trenton, a city about 30 miles west of Gainesville in North Florida, woke up to piles of pea-sized hail on its roads. The city's public safety department posted pictures of front end loaders scooping up the icy stuff from the streets.
The department warned morning commuters to use caution when driving Wednesday morning while crews cleaned up the heavy ice.
Temperatures in Trenton were in the low 50s Wednesday morning with 70 degrees as an expected high.
What other people are reading right now:
- Spycam leads to Florida man's child porn stash
- Girl injured in classroom fight dies from her injuries
- Florida Keys' first all-inclusive adults-only resort opens
- Florida city sees so much hail it looks like piles of snow
- Florida man accused of faking armed robbery to get out of work
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.