ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — We’re waking up to very chilly temperatures across Tampa Bay and even colder air is on the way through the day today into Tuesday night.
Temperatures will start in the upper 30s to low 40s Tuesday morning and then only warm into the middle 50s this afternoon despite mostly sunny skies.
To add to the chill, winds will be quite breezy out of the north from 10-15 mph, gusting up to 20 mph at times.
Tonight will be the coldest Tampa Bay has been in over two years with low temperatures dropping down to around freezing, if not below.
A freeze watch is in effect for Tampa Bay, with a Freeze Warning in effect for the Nature Coast.
The entire area will have a Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 1 a.m.- 9 a.m. Wednesday as feels-like temps plunge into the 20s.
What other people are reading right now:
- Delta Air Lines gives employees enormous bonus
- Tim Tebow is officially a married man!
- 'He died protecting his family' | Coach and father of three stabbed to death in home while son was there
- 10Weather Alert: Freeze watch issued for 2 Nature Coast counties
- Gasparilla Guide: Everything you need to know about the 2020 pirate festival
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower