ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Tiger Woods and Justin Timberlake have teamed up to help raise money to help Bahamians impacted by Hurricane Dorian.
Woods posted on his Twitter page Friday morning about the ONE Bahamas Fund.
Woods, Timberlake, NEXUS Luxury Collection, Royal Bank of Canada and members of the ALBANY community have pledged $6 million toward Hurricane Dorian relief and rebuilding efforts.
CBS News reports the official number of deaths is 50, but the number is expected to rise significantly.
The government in the Bahamas says there are an estimated 2,500 names on the list of missing people.
What other people are reading right now:
- Video: Restaurant uses hose to spray 10News reporter with water during health inspection questions
- Potential Tropical Cyclone 9 could be a rainmaker for parts of Florida this weekend
- Florida Man Radio debuts in Orlando
- Rare Friday the 13th full moon to appear this week
- Police: 5 people hurt, one person arrested after stabbing in Tallahassee
- 'It looked like an apocalypse': Couple survives Dorian in Bahamas
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter