Heavy rain and the threat of severe weather have canceled events around the Tampa Bay area on Thursday.
Here are events that have been canceled so far:
- Visits with Santa in the park
- Ice skating at Albert Whitted
- Movies in the park
- All after-school events in Manatee County
- All after-school events in Sarasota County
- Magic Illumination Christmas Parade in Bartow
- Christmas Lights at the Largo Botanical Gardens
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- SpaceX launch from Cape Canaveral
- The City of Venice has closed the South Jetty walkway and The Children's Fountain in Centennial Park due to high waves crashing into the parking areas.
- Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn delivering holiday food baskets to Tampa families
- The City of Clearwater closed all athletic facilities on Thursday and Friday.
- Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach is closed until Saturday.
- Christmas in the Wild at ZooTampa
A strong line of storms is expected to move across the Florida Peninsula from early to mid-afternoon. Damaging winds, a few tornadoes and even some hail are possible. The threat for severe weather will be highest from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Rainfall totals will range from 2-4 inches with higher totals possible in localized areas. A flood watch is in effect for the entire Bay area.
Stay up to date with the weather with our free WTSP app