TAMPA, Fla. — The cold front has moved through, and colder temperatures have arrived. Many people across Tampa Bay will feel temperatures drop into the low 50s and upper 40s before temperatures begin to rebound late Monday afternoon.
While temperatures will be cool on Monday, it will also be sunny -- thanks to a building area of high pressure. That said, it'll be breezy with wind gusts as high as 25 mph at a time. High temperatures will be in the low 60s on Monday afternoon.
Skies will be clear Monday night, as temperatures drop like a rock in Florida. Low temperatures across the entire Tampa Bay area will be in the upper 30s to low 40s.
A reinforcing push of cold air will move into Tampa Bay on Tuesday as temperatures struggle to climb through the 50s. That cold air will continue to rush in through Tuesday night as temperatures drop into the middle 30s across the area. The Nature Coast has a freeze watch in effect, with temperatures expected to range from the upper 20s to low 30s.
The warmth will then begin to return to the area through the second half of the week with highs back into the low-middle 70s on Thursday and Friday.
What other people are reading right now:
- 2 police officers killed in shooting at burning Hawaii home
- Multiple deputies respond to robbery at Tampa Premium Outlets
- Nurse loses her license after admitting to injecting opioids at work: reports
- Police caution about 'highly addictive substance': Girl Scout cookies
- Gasparilla Guide: Everything you need to know about the 2020 pirate festival
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower