TAMPA, Fla. — As Hurricane Dorian continues to churn toward a possible Florida landfall, OneBlood is urging people who can donate to do so.
OneBlood says making sure there is a ready blood supply before, during and after storms is crucial.
All blood types are needed, but there is an increased need for O Negative and O Positive blood as well as platelet donations, according to OneBlood.
OneBlood is asking people to make donating blood part of their storm preparations.
You can find a donation site near you on OneBlood’s website.
►Stay informed with all tropical weather: Check out our must-have interactive Hurricane Headquarters guide here.
Dorian strengthened into a Category 1 hurricane Wednesday afternoon near the U.S. Virgin Islands. It could possibly make landfall in Florida as a Category 3 hurricane.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tropical Storm Dorian moves into the eastern Caribbean Sea
- Live blog: Tropical Storm Dorian threatens Puerto Rico, possibly Florida this weekend
- Florida woman accused of spanking child who refused to pick up a roach charged with child abuse
- Tampa Bay Rays minor league team pitcher Blake Bivens' family involved in 'tragic event'
- Tree falls, kills 21-year-old man as he worked to remove it
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.