ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — As Elsa continues its approach toward the Tampa Bay area, it is expected to reach hurricane strength before making landfall in Florida.
Ahead of the storm, many Publix stores across the Tampa Bay area are closing early Tuesday evening.
"We’re closely monitoring Tropical Storm Elsa and the impact to our operating areas," Publix wrote in part on its website. "Please be aware that several of our stores in the affected area will be adjusting their hours for the storm."
There are currently 98 store locations across the Tampa Bay area listing modified hours because of the storm. You can find a full list of stores closing early here.
- Elsa Forecast: Hurricane warning issued for the mouth of Tampa Bay north along the coast
- Be Prepared: What to do before, during and after a hurricane
- Lightning fly home for Game 5, NHL monitoring Elsa
- Tampa Bay area shelters opening ahead of Tropical Storm Elsa
- 4 more bodies recovered from Florida condo collapse site, bringing number of dead to 36
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter