TAMPA, Fla. — If an evacuation order comes down for the Tampa Bay area during hurricane season, it's important for you to heed the warning.
The best advice is to plan your evacuation route as early as possible. Get gas, expect bumper to bumper traffic, and hit the road.
If you live in Hillsborough County, the best routes to take include the North/South interstates of I-75, I-275, and US-19. I-4 is another route, but it will only take you East or West.
If a bridge is along your route, be sure to check advisories to see if it's closed. Bridges on I-275 include the Howard Frankland Bridge and the Sunshine Skyway.
Best evacuation routes for those who live in Pinellas County are US-19, Alt US-19 and I-275.
Further South, Manatee and Sarasota County drivers should hop on I-75, US 41 or US 301
Pasco County takes up a big part of the Tampa Bay area with evacuation routes including US 19, SR 589, also known as The Veterans Expressway, US 41, I-75 and US 301
Route options remain the same for Hernando County with the addition of SR. 50, locally known as Cortez Blvd and US 98.
In Citrus County, US 19 merges with US 98 to take you north or south. Another option is US 41 and SR 44 will take you east or west.
To the East, Polk County residents can use I-4, US-27, US-98 or State Roads 60 or 17.
US-98 and 27 can also be used to evacuate Highlands County.
If you do not know your evacuation zone, use our interactive map to type in your address and find out right away.
- Hillsborough County Schools to have emergency meeting after Florida's largest teacher's union dealt victory in reopening case
- VERIFY: Fact-checking the final night of the Republican National Convention
- Deputies: Florida man arrested for robbery while out on bond
- Man serving life for murder cleared after 37 years thanks to DNA
- Archaeologists search for more graves at old Pinellas County school
- Lightning, Bruins Game 4 postponed in support of social justice
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter