TAMPA, Fla. — A passenger refusing to comply with the mask rules caused a flight to return to the gate before takeoff on Independence Day in Tampa, Delta Air Lines says.
Delta says the customer and a spouse willingly got off the Minneapolis-bound plane when it taxied back to the gate Sunday afternoon. They were rebooked for Monday.
"The flight took off a little more than an hour late," Delta wrote in a statement. "We apologize to our customers for the inconvenience.”
The A321 landed about an hour and 10 minutes late, just before 6 p.m. CDT, according to Flight Aware.
- NHC: Tropical storm watch, storm surge watch issued for Tampa Bay ahead of Elsa
- Tropical Storm Elsa remains a strong system; Tampa Bay still needs to keep an eye on it
- Be Prepared: What to do before, during and after a hurricane
- Explosives set off to bring down rest of collapsed condo
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter