HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. — One person was found dead Saturday after a house fire in Hernando County.
Hernando County Fire and Emergency Services said an off-duty deputy got to the home first and put out most of the fire. Once the deputy was inside the home he found the body of a person, investigators said.
Hernando County Fire and Emergency Services said when firefighters got to the scene the deputy had put out most of the fire but there was still heavy smoke coming from the home.
Fire rescue crews said the death is being investigated by the Hernando County Sheriff's Office. The cause of the fire is currently under investigation by the Florida State Fire Marshall's Office along with the Hernando County Sheriff's Office.
- To travel or not to travel: What is the risk?
- White House highlights Tampa Bay as top area where COVID-19 is aggressively spreading
- Local boy asks for food donations instead of gifts for his birthday to help feed families
- There's a long wait for a COVID-19 test at Tropicana Field: Consider these alternatives
- As the vaccine approval process progresses, concern for rural America grows
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter