Christian comedian John Crist has canceled his tour, and a planned Netflix special is on hold after he acknowledged mistreating women.
Crist, who often skewers evangelical Christian culture in his skits and online videos, apologized in a statement released Thursday for treating "relationships with women far too casually, in some cases recklessly." He said he has sinned against God and women and hurt many people in the process.
In an article posted on the website for the Christian magazine "Charisma," anonymous women accused Crist of trying to kiss them and sending sexually explicit messages.
A Netflix spokesperson said Crist's special "I Ain't Prayin' For That," is on hold.
What other people are reading right now:
- Emails reveal calls for Hillsborough commissioner to recuse himself after 10Investigates story
- Suspect in Aniah Blanchard disappearance arrested in Florida
- Chemical mixture at Buffalo Wild Wings kills 1 employee
- Sheriff: Former middle school assistant principal, theme park workers caught in child porn bust
- Thief steals thousands of dollars in gifts from Clearwater couple's wedding
FREE 10NEWS APP: