ORLANDO, Fla. — After more than 90 years of being Disney's official mascot, Mickey Mouse finally gets his own ride at one of the company's 12 theme parks.
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway opens Wednesday at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida. The "family adventure" is in the park's Chinese Theatre where The Great Movie Ride used to be.
Disney said the bright, colorful ride brings guests "into the wacky world of a Mickey Mouse cartoon where 'mouse rules apply.'" Riders board a train and "burst through the movie screen" to join Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto inside a cartoon short with a new song.
And, in this ride, Disney says there are more hidden Mickeys than in any other attraction or area in the world.
The ride theming is lifted straight from the current "Mickey Mouse" cartoon series airing since 2013 on the Disney Channel.
When the park opened at 8 a.m. Wednesday, some guests reported and shared screenshots of 5-hour wait times for the ride. However, according to the My Disney Experience app, by 10 a.m. the wait time was down to 120 minutes.
Around 11:30 a.m., the wait time was 105 minutes -- about an hour and 45 minutes.
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway at Disney World
- 2 people test positive for coronavirus in the Tampa Bay area
- Governor: Florida monitoring 184 more potential coronavirus cases
- US professor at the epicenter of coronavirus outbreak: 'Don’t panic'
- Answers to the top 10 top coronavirus questions on Google
- Who shot a dolphin and stabbed another? There's now a $54,000 reward
- Florida man sentenced to probation after taping dog's mouth shut
- Early voting begins Monday in Hillsborough, Polk counties
FREE 10NEWS APP: