Natalia Levey is a certified nutritionist who owns Speaks Clam Bar. She joined GDL to talk about why she wanted to bring an authentic clam bar to Tampa Bay, and shared a recipe for how to whip up a delicious and healthful protein shrimp lunch bowl.
Protein Shrimp Bowl
1Tbsp chopped garlic
5 large shrimp
1/2 cup white wine (pino Grigio or Chardonnay)
1 cup clam juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup broccoli rabe
1 cup drained and rinsed canned cannellini or navy beans
Salt, pepper to taste
1. Set pan medium-high heat, add some olive oil, heat up for a few seconds, add garlic. Sauté until just golden, add shrimp.
2. As soon as shrimp turns slightly pink (after about 1 minute), deglaze the pan with wine. Let cook for 20-30 seconds.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan. Cover to steam for 2-3 minutes
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with fresh lemon and garlic bread (optional)