TAMPA, Fla. — It’s one of the zoo’s primary missions – conservation – so ZooTampa at Lowry Park has a lot to celebrate.
An adorable white rhino was just born, and she’s being cared for by her loving mom, Kidogo.
The zoo says this is the seventh white rhino to be born there.
That’s a big deal for the endangered species.
According to the World Wildlife Foundation, white rhinos were believed to have gone extinct in the late 19th century.
Now, after more than a century of conservation, there are around 20,000 of these incredible creatures walking the earth.
What other people are reading right now:
- Clearwater Police searching for missing man
- Florida man beats roomate with baseball bat causing brain injury
- Tampa police trying to identify man who broke into guest house
- Woman pleads guilty to poisoning husband with eye drops
- Restaurant Red Alert: Beach bar owner blames rat problem on neighboring construction site
- Giants make Alyssa Nakken first female major league coach
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower