NAPLES, Fla — A South Florida sheriff's deputy had a special delivery Tuesday morning.
You see, Dep. Robert Pounds pulled a driver over for going 63 mph in a 45 mph zone in Naples.
When Pounds got to the vehicle, he found out why the driver was speeding.
A woman in the car was in labor and about to give birth.
Pounds called for EMS and backup, and then grabbed a blanket.
But that baby was eager to enter the world.
Pounds delivered a beautiful baby girl and made sure mom and baby were OK.
Once EMS arrived, they cut the cord, checked out the mom and baby and transported them to the hospital.
What other people are reading right now:
- These new Florida laws go into effect Oct. 1
- She stole $358.23 worth of property at Walmart, police say. Then she pepper sprayed staff
- 'He will be laid to rest with family': Public asked to attend funeral for veteran with no family
- 'Clueless' actress Stacey Dash arrested on domestic battery charges
- Watch: Out-of-control catering truck nearly hits plane at O'Hare
FREE 10NEWS APP: