TAMPA, Fla. — Volunteers showed up early this morning to fire up the ovens and prepare a traditional Thanksgiving meal for those who need it most. Metro spokesperson Billy Somerville compiled a list of items cooked by staff, which included 1,500 pounds of turkey:
• 1,200 lbs. of stuffing
• 1,200 lbs. of mashed potatoes
• 80 gallons of gravy
• 1,300 lbs. of vegetables
• 1,000 pies
As soon as Thanksgiving is over, Metro will start getting ready for Christmas. The organization will need food and money donations as well as volunteers.
Metropolitan Ministries' main campus is located at 2002 N. Florida Ave. in Tampa, and the Pasco campus is located at 3214 US HWY 19 in Holiday. For more information about how to get involved this holiday season, click here.
What other people are reading right now:
- America's first Thanksgiving was actually in St. Augustine, Florida
- Why the 'Trucker Salute' is a tradition worth saving
- Woman accused of firing into KFC for not being given a fork and a napkin
- Two people arrested for pulling a horse behind a pickup truck
- Users report Facebook, Instagram outages around the world
- Woman meets long-lost brother...60 years later
- President Trump: We're not going to change the name 'Thanksgiving'
FREE 10NEWS APP: