HIGHLANDS COUNTY, Fla. — The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Miami Field Division and Highlands County Sheriff’s Office need your help in identifying those accused of stealing firearms from a shop before setting it on fire.
According to the ATF, an unknown number of people broke into Tomick Firearms (FFL) around 4:50 a.m. on October 21 in Lake Placid before stealing several firearms.
When leaving, the individuals lit a fire at the front window of the store causing the sheriff's office and fire rescue to respond, according to a release.
Now, in hopes of getting leads on the crime, the ATF is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for "information that can lead to the arrest and conviction of those responsible individuals."
Anyone with any information is asked to call the ATF at 1-888-ATF-TIPS, report it online or text ATFMIA to 63975. All calls are said to be kept confidential.
What other people are reading right now:
- Rays look to even the series 2-2 in Game 4 against the Dodgers tonight
- Coronavirus in Florida: State reports 4,471 new cases
- 'I voted for a guy named Trump,' the president says after voting in Florida
- Snowbirds are on their way to Florida: Here's what needs to happen so COVID-19 cases don't get worse
- Your guide for the rescheduled 2020 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
- Here's the full 2020 World Series schedule
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter