SAN ANTONIO, Fla. — A San Antonio man is accused of driving into a building before continuing to drive off overnight Tuesday.
Joshua Bihorel, 20, crashed into a building on Curley Street before driving away from the scene and resisting arrest, Pasco County deputies say.
An arrest affidavit states Bihorel left without notifying law enforcement or the owner of the building. He also did not obey commands when a deputy tried to talk to him, the report states.
The deputy says he noticed Bihorel had slurred speech and a "strong odor" of alcohol, which he says grew stronger as he spoke.
Bihorel admitted to drinking "half a bottle" of rum in about two hours, according to the arrest affidavit.
He was taken to the hospital, so the deputy says he was unable to get a breath sample. At the hospital, deputies say he spit on a deputy multiple times even though he was wearing a spit mask and was told to stop by multiple deputies.
Bihorel was arrested and faces charges for DUI property damage, leaving the scene of an accident or crash with property damage, resisting arrest without violence, battery on a law enforcement officer and violation of probation.
- Video shows final moments of doomed flight from Addison's airport
- 2 people killed, dozens injured after carnival ride suddenly snaps in half
- Man kidnapped, killed woman found in truck in Dollar Tree parking lot: deputies
- 'New' type of skimmer found inside gas pump in Clearwater
- Florida 'Doomsday prepper' accused of abusing adopted twins
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.
Have a news tip? Email email@example.com, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.