LAUDERDALE LAKES, Fla. (AP) — A Florida sheriff’s office says two people were injured in a shooting at a Walmart parking lot on the night before Thanksgiving.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office tells news outlets that the gunman in the Wednesday night shooting was still at large after deputies set up a perimeter and cleared the store to make sure the shooter wasn’t inside. Sheriff’s spokesman Donald Prichard confirmed the shooting took place outside the store.
The conditions of the two people injured weren’t immediately clear. Further details weren’t released.
The Walmart is in Lauderdale Lakes, and about 8 miles northwest of Fort Lauderdale in South Florida.
What other people are reading right now:
- America's first Thanksgiving was actually in St. Augustine, Florida
- Why the 'Trucker Salute' is a tradition worth saving
- Woman accused of firing into KFC for not being given a fork and a napkin
- Two people arrested for pulling a horse behind a pickup truck
- Users report Facebook, Instagram outages around the world
- Woman meets long-lost brother...60 years later
- President Trump: We're not going to change the name 'Thanksgiving'
FREE 10NEWS APP: