PORT RICHEY, Fla. — A woman and her boyfriend have been arrested for child abuse after deputies say the boyfriend spanked a 4-year-old multiple times to "potty train him."
Gregory Bush, 23, is accused of making the boy sit on the toilet for five hours Tuesday. The boy was spanked every hour Bush came into the bathroom if the boy did not use the bathroom, according to the arrest affidavit.
Deputies say Bush told them he used a plastic spoon to spank the boy and said he would "whoop his a**."
The boy had bruises over his whole buttocks, upper thigh and hip area, the affidavit states.
Bush was arrested Wednesday after deputies say he admitted to the incident.
Tiffany Seaman, 31, told deputies she knew the boyfriend was disciplining the boy and said it was "ok" for him to use the spoon for discipline.
She said she was not home and was "busy with work" when the disciplining was happening and said she wasn't aware of the "serious bruising," according to the arrest affidavit.
Seaman was arrested for child neglect resulting in a child's injury.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'God blessed me with a platform to speak.' Man who saved baby near highway continues to spread generosity years later
- President Trump approves student debt forgiveness for disabled veterans
- SCARY VIDEO: Rope snaps seconds before slingshot ride launches at Florida park
- 'Hero' neighbor shoots, kills man in domestic violence situation, sheriff says
- Few clues, Gulf Stream making search for missing firemen extremely difficult
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.