A prominent Tampa Bay attorney was arrested and charged with domestic violence.
An arrest affidavit states John Trevena, 57, hit his ex-wife, shoved her to the ground and kicked her after showing up at her apartment on Monday night.
Largo police say Trevena was trying to take some of his ex-wife’s belongings that he believed belonged to him.
Trevena represents Michael Drejka, who is charged with manslaughter for the July 2018 shooting death of Markeis McGlockton in a Clearwater parking lot.
Drejka says he was standing his ground. His next court date is April 26. Drejka’s trial is scheduled to begin on Aug. 19.
Trevena faces a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery, according to the arrest affidavit. He is scheduled to have a first appearance in court at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: Kids drown after being left in locked car while mom ran into a store
- Florida woman accused of killing 11-year-old to keep her from having sex
- Florida man accused of 'intentionally' pressure washing his neighbor
- VIDEO: Horse seen in bed of a pick-up truck traveling on the highway
- Man nearly swallowed by whale lives to tell the tale
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.
Have a news tip? Email email@example.com, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.