BRADENTON, Fla. — Two Bradenton Police Officers commemorated their years together and in service by getting married at police headquarters this weekend.
Veteran detectives Jay Gow and Lixa Moyett met for the first time at the department's headquarters so they saw fit that is where they continue their journey.
And who better to officiate your wedding than your chief. The small ceremony took place outdoor and adhered to CDC guidelines, according to the police department.
"Both the bride and groom will be wearing their Class A uniforms to honor the career that brought them together," a press release read.
Here's to the happy couple!
What other people are reading right now:
- Second $1,200 stimulus check 'may still be in play,' Biden says
- Sarasota teen killed after car goes airborne, overturns in crash
- Grassroots group addresses root causes of systemic violence, disparities in St. Pete
- State Senate committee to review Florida's response to the pandemic
- Florida mother sues Legoland, says water park humiliated her son
- Here's where to see Christmas lights around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter