CLEARWATER, Fla. — The northbound lane of Landmark Drive in Clearwater has reopened after an early morning crash.
Anyone looking to drive south on Landmark Drive between Meadow Hill Drive and the entrance to Eagles Landing will still need to seek an alternate route as police say that lane will remain closed.
The Clearwater Police Department says 19-year-old Daniel Rosinski was driving his 2011 Chevrolet Suburban around 1:45 a.m. when it veered out of control and left the road.
According to a press release, Rosinski's SUV flipped, ejecting him from the car before coming to a stop atop a fire hydrant. Officers say damage to the fire hydrant caused a hole to form and a large amount of dirt to enter the roadway from the water leak.
Rosinski was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries. Police say speed and impairment are thought to have contributed to the crash.
What other people are reading right now:
- How to explain Pride Month to your kids
- Riverview man accused of killing girlfriend, daughter set to represent himself in court starting Monday
- Carnival Cruises to resume sailing from Florida in July
- Lightning fans maintain energy after loss against Islanders
- Saharan dust cloud to make for some spectacular Florida sunrises, sunsets
- Pinellas County issues health warning for red tide blooms along beaches
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter