HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — It's not clear what caused the potentially dangerous situation, but all eastbound lanes of Causeway Boulevard between 50th Street and 78th street are shut down in Hillsborough County.
Drivers are being told to avoid the area.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue tweeted that a semi-truck may be leaking molten sulfur.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration describes molten sulfur as highly flammable. When ignited, it can create toxic sulfur dioxide gas.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Pinellas County green-lights the reopening of movie theaters, tattoo services
- Some businesses could charge a COVID-19 fee, but is it legal?
- As Florida fully implements phase one, new droplet study raises concerns
- Florida Keys will reopen to visitors on June 1
- Florida troopers looking for a similar motorcycle that hit a 6-year-old girl
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa will reopen on Thursday
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter