WIMAUMA, Fla. — A husband and wife are dead after a suspected murder-suicide shooting in Wimauma.
It happened at a home Friday evening on Carlton Lake Road near Scales Road.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says a family member called 911 just after 7 p.m. When deputies arrived, they found two dead adults: Cassandra Cagle, 41, and her 57-year-old husband, Lawrence Cagle.
It's believed Lawrence Cagle shot his wife during an argument inside the home, with him shooting himself thereafter, deputies say.
An investigation is ongoing.
What other people are reading right now:
- Subaru recalls 400,000 vehicles for engine computer and debris issues
- Eight-year-old hailed hero after reporting loaded gun at school
- St. Petersburg sued over allegedly dumping tons of toxic sediment
- Report: Steak 'n Shake fails to clean moldy milkshake nozzle after warning from inspector
- Gov. DeSantis, FDOT announce $1.4 billion to improve Tampa traffic headache spot
FREE 10NEWS APP: