BRANDON, Fla. — One person was killed after a car crashed into a semi-truck and got lodged underneath the big rig.
It happened around 4:30 a.m. Sunday near Providence and W. Lumsden roads in Hillsborough County, according to the sheriff's office.
Deputies say the driver somehow left the road and crashed into the back of the semi-truck as it turned into the entrance of the Brandon Centre South shopping center.
The sheriff's office says the driver might have been under the influence of alcohol. The truck driver was not hurt.
Eastbound W. Lumsden Road was closed to traffic but has since reopened.
What other people are reading right now:
- Alcohol to-go could be here to stay for Florida restaurants
- Families of sailors killed in NAS Pensacola attack receive Purple Hearts
- Second $1,200 stimulus check 'may still be in play,' Biden says
- State Senate committee to review Florida's response to the pandemic
- Florida mother sues Legoland, says water park humiliated her son
- Here's where to see Christmas lights around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter