TAMPA, Fla. — The first of two massive delivery of eggs is set to arrive in Tampa Friday morning.
Sen. Wilton Simpson, who is also a Pasco County egg farmer, will deliver 280,000 eggs to Metropolitan Ministries and Feeding Tampa Bay.
This will be the first of two deliveries totaling 500,000 eggs.
The donation will help feed families in need across 10 counties.
"What an honor to help provide resources for those in need during this difficult time. The real hero for our community is Metropolitan Ministries who provides so many services for our community,” Sen. Wilton Simpson said.
- Hillsborough County Schools reopening delayed by 2 weeks to Aug. 24
- Trump cancels Jacksonville segment of Republican National Convention
- Quinnipiac poll shows 79 percent of Floridians want a statewide mask mandate
- The tropics are very active with 3 areas now being watched
- Florida contact tracing is a hot mess
- Florida adds record 173 new deaths to its coronavirus report in a single day
- Here are the reopening plans for Tampa Bay school districts
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter