RIVERVIEW, Fla. — The search is on for a driver who somehow crashed their SUV into a business, which caused it to go up in flames.
It happened around 6:30 a.m. Sunday, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Troopers say the SUV was heading south on U.S. Highway 301 when it left the road, hit the median and went airborne. It hit a curb, went airborne for a second time and crashed through a privacy fence, which damaged a utility pole.
The SUV then drove into Tribble Law Center, located at 6928 U.S. 301.
Its driver ran off after the SUV and building caught fire.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call FHP at 813-558-1800 or Crime Stoppers.
What other people are reading right now:
- Trump wants Senate vote without delay on SCOTUS pick, 'most likely' a woman
- Coronavirus latest: Florida reports 9 new deaths, 2,521 cases
- Candlelight memorial held in downtown St. Pete to mourn Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death
- 'Long haulers': Some COVID-19 survivors dealing will chronic illnesses
- Ridin' with Biden: Tampa-area supporters host car parade
- Busy tropics: Tracking 3 named storms and 2 disturbances
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter