DOVER, Fla. — A 21-year-old man is accused of being drunk behind the wheel after crashing into another car, killing its driver.
Teodoro Avellaneda was arrested and charged with DUI manslaughter for the Saturday night crash, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Troopers say Avellaneda was heading north on McIntosh Road while a 29-year-old man and his 28-year-old female passenger traveled east on U.S. 92 in Hillsborough County. Avellaneda reportedly did not stop at the red light and crashed into the car.
The 29-year-old died from his injuries, while the woman was seriously hurt.
Avellaneda remains in the Hillsborough County jail.
What other people are reading right now:
- Trump wants Senate vote without delay on SCOTUS pick, 'most likely' a woman
- Coronavirus latest: Florida reports 9 new deaths, 2,521 cases
- Candlelight memorial held in downtown St. Pete to mourn Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death
- 'Long haulers': Some COVID-19 survivors dealing will chronic illnesses
- Ridin' with Biden: Tampa-area supporters host car parade
- Busy tropics: Tracking 3 named storms and 2 disturbances
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter