BRANDON, Fla — Editor's Note: The image above is not the bus being driven at the time of the crash.
A person was killed in a “traffic fatality” involving a Hillsborough Area Regional Transit bus at the Westfield Brandon Town Center Friday night, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office tells 10 Tampa Bay.
HCSO spokesperson Merissa Lynn said the bus operator is not expected to face charges or citations at this time.
This is still an active case, according to Lynn.
10 Tampa Bay has put in a public record request to HCSO for the incident report, which will reveal more details about what happened.
We’ve also reached out to HART spokesperson Carson Chambers to find out more information.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- 'It’s been an honor': Chief Brian Dugan announces his retirement from Tampa Police Department
- Carlie Brucia's killer, Joseph Smith, dies in prison
- Deputies: Shooter, 1 other injured in Spring Hill shooting
- Gov. DeSantis, DEO sued over Florida's early end to additional federal unemployment benefits
- Red tide at the beach: See the latest conditions
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter