A driver trying to pass another car on US-301 struck and killed a man walking across the road, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
An SUV, driven by a 65-year-old man from Zephyrhills, was going northbound on US-301, approaching Tom Folson Road, when he attempted to pass a "slower" car by using a merge lane, according to a press release.
That's when troopers say he hit a man walking across the road. The man is said to have died at the scene.
FHP says charges are pending as the case remains under investigation.
- Twitter permanently suspends President Trump's personal account
- Florida has nearly half of known US cases of COVID variant
- Men accused of breaking into graves, cutting the heads of bodies to use in religious rituals
- How to watch Alex Trebek's final 'Jeopardy!' episode
- Your COVID-19 vaccine questions, answered: Do I need to be a Florida resident?
- County-by-county COVID-19 vaccine information for Tampa Bay seniors
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter