TAMPA, Fla. — A Hillsborough County Judge sentenced Marissa Mowry Thursday to 20 years in prison for starting a sexual relationship with an 11-year-old boy.
Deputies said she was the child's nanny from when he was age 11 to 14-years-old.
Mowry gave birth to his child in October of 2014.
Following the birth of the child, Mowry was arrested in 2017 for their sexual relationship.
Mowry was originally charged with sexual assault and sexual battery on a victim younger than 12 years of age. More charges were added, including three counts of sexual assault to a child younger than 12-years-old, and eleven counts of sexual assault by a person with familial authority.
The boy and his family are now raising the child, who is now five-years-old.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: Man on the run after killing father with crossbow and assaulting sister with frying pan
- Help find the person who lost a wedding ring at St. Pete Beach
- Coroner: Ohio baby found in well was placed in plastic bags, crates bound by chains
- Former Miss Florida USA, 'Tarzan' actor's wife, killed in California home
- Man accused of molesting children at Disney World
FREE 10NEWS APP: