Swimmers in Pasco County were joined by an unwelcome guest Saturday.
Pasco deputies said they worked with a Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission wildlife trapper to capture an alligator that was chasing swimmers off of Durney Key.
The gator was caught by a wildlife trapper and was removed from the area and taken to a safe location, according to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office.
- Florida trooper, 23, accused of having a sexual relationship with an underage teen
- Police search for 2-year-old Oregon boy after parents died in apparent murder-suicide in Montana
- Ex-lawyer of accused Clearwater parking lot shooter has law license stripped
- 25 arrests made during online predator, human trafficking sting in Sarasota
- Florida mother, son win lottery, then go to jail
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.