HOLIDAY, Fla. — A 27-year-old man was arrested and charged with DUI manslaughter for a deadly Saturday morning crash.
The Florida Highway Patrol identified him as Michael Aquila of Holiday, Florida, who was behind the wheel of an SUV that left the road, overturned and came to a crashing stop. His passenger, a 22-year-old woman, was killed.
It happened before 3 a.m. Saturday at Holiday Lake Drive and Orangeview Lane, according to the FHP.
Troopers say Aquila lost control of the SUV on Holiday Lake Drive and crashed into a concrete light pole and a metal street sign. The SUV then flipped and crashed into a tree.
The woman, who was not named in a news release, died at the scene of the crash.
Aquila suffered minor injuries, troopers said.
- Trump impeachment trial could end Saturday after defense presents quick case
- New data shows Super Bowl celebrations might not cause huge spike in COVID-19 cases
- VERIFY: Wear two masks and know the tricks to a snug fit to stop COVID-19
- Kids facing cancer receive surprise Valentines from students at different school
- Scientists say a domestic travel ban targeting Florida won't stop the spreading of COVID-19 mutations
- Florida Walmarts 'accidentally' opened up COVID-19 vaccine appointments for people under 65
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter