CLEARWATER, Fla. — Three people were taken to area hospitals late Friday following a serious crash.
It happened around 10:16 p.m. at the intersection of Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard and Keene Road, according to the Clearwater Police Department.
The agency says a Ford F-350 heading north on Keene Road crashed into an Acura that had been traveling south. The truck's driver was trying to make a left turn onto Gulf-to-Bay, police said.
The Acura driver was flown to the hospital while their passenger was taken by ambulance -- both suffering from life-threatening injuries. Police added the truck driver was taken to the hospital as a trauma alert.
Both the truck and car were pictured with severe damage. One was seen with its roof torn off.
Officers shut down the intersection for several hours, but it has since reopened to traffic.
- Evacuations ordered over 'imminent' threat millions of gallons of wastewater could gush into Manatee County
- How long does COVID-19 vaccine immunity last?
- Surgeon and teen share game of soccer after heart transplant
- Why some Florida teachers aren't happy with DeSantis' proposal to give every teacher a $1K bonus
- 51 killed in Taiwan train crash
- What to do this Easter weekend across the Tampa Bay area
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter