ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Hawkers St. Pete has temporarily closed because of COVID-19.
A post on the restaurant's Facebook page stated:
"Out of an abundance of caution, and for the safety of our guests and team members, we have decided to proactively close our St. Pete location - temporarily - due to the recent spike in positive COVID-19 cases across the City of St. Petersburg and Pinellas County."
The post went on to say that the closure will allow it to perform additional CDC-approved deep cleaning procedures.
No reopening date was stated, but owners asked for people to keep an eye on the restaurant's social media pages.
- Bucs release first photos of Tom Brady in team uniform
- Florida sees highest number of COVID-19 cases yet: 2,783 in one day
- Nurse and theme park workers among 16 men arrested for child porn, Polk sheriff says
- Gatlinburg Skybridge glass cracked by visitor
- President Trump signs executive order on policing reform
- CDC posts everyday tips for minimizing COVID-19 risk
- Epidemiologist says data can be misleading and coronavirus is spreading in Florida
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter