ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — One person has been arrested for the shooting death of a 29-year-old man in St. Petersburg.
It happened just before 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the area of 4th Avenue S. and 36th Street S., according to the St. Petersburg Police Department.
The agency said 29-year-old Mitchell Collins and 27-year-old James Chin got into a fight at Collins' home. Chin stabbed Collins in the neck, the shoulder and clavicle during the fight, according to an arrest affidavit. Detectives say Collins then left the apartment, but Chin followed him and shot him in the knee.
Police say Collins was taken to the hospital, but he later died from his injuries.
Chin was arrested and charged with first-degree murder for the stabbing and shooting death of Collins.
- President Biden signs first executive orders on climate, coronavirus
- 10 facts about Kamala Harris, America's history-making vice president
- Third stimulus check: When could you get $1,400 now that Biden is officially the president?
- 14 Manatee County sheriff's deputies served at Biden's inauguration
- Why the 'frozen tundra' may not be a disadvantage Sunday for Bucs in Green Bay
- How to get a COVID-19 vaccine at Publix
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter