ST. PETERSBURG, Fla — St. Petersburg police officers are investigating what led up to a deadly crash between a car and a person.
Officers say the car hit the person on 66th Street at 34th Avenue North just before 10 p.m.
That person died at the scene, according to a release.
The driver is said to be cooperating with investigators who have 66th Street at 34th Avenue North closed in both directions to traffic.
No other information was readily available. The investigation is ongoing.
What other people are reading right now:
- Fact-checking the Trump and Biden town halls
- 2 people refilling ammo airlifted with burns after 'explosion' engulfs garage in flames
- C-SPAN suspends Steve Scully after he admits to lying about Twitter hack
- Can we rely on 'herd immunity' to get rid of COVID-19 in Florida?
- USF to close College of Education, reconfigure it into graduate school amid budget cuts
- Feel like you're getting a ton of political campaign texts? It's not just you. Here's how to stop them
- The tropics are quiet now, but expected to get active for late October
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter