ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Police arrested an alleged drunk driver who they say crashed into a pedestrian before running off the road and hitting an office building Monday afternoon in St. Petersburg.
Olga Davis, 43, faces charges of DUI manslaughter, vehicular homicide and DUI property damage.
The crash happened just after 1:30 p.m. on 4th Street N., between 89th Avenue N. and 90th Avenue N.
Police say Davis was speeding along 4th Street N., weaving across three lanes before losing control of the car. They say Davis' 2008 Subaru Impreza began sliding and spinning and eventually struck a man, who was crossing the roadway. The car then hit a building on the west side of the road.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Davis was taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg and was arrested after being released from the hospital, according to police.
Authorities have not identified the pedestrian.
- Vaccine eligibility in Florida opens to people age 50 and older
- Vice President Kamala Harris visits Florida Monday
- 'We got a problem?' 2 teens charged with battery on Clearwater Beach lifeguard
- Women aren't protected by hate crime legislation in Florida
- US data finds AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine effective for all ages
- What is 'cancel culture'? How the phrase got its start
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter