ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A woman injured in a St. Petersburg shooting Tuesday has died from her injuries, police said.
It happened Tuesday evening in the area of 18th Avenue S. and 22rd Street S., according to a St. Petersburg Police Department news release.
The woman, identified as 21-year-old K'Mia Simmons, was a passenger in a car with a man and her two young children, police said. Someone else came up in another car and fired shots toward them.
The children were not hurt.
Police say this shooting and another earlier Tuesday in the area of Fargo Street and 13th Avenue S. at this time are not believed to be related.
Anyone with information about the shootings is asked to call the St. Petersburg Police Department at 727-893-7780.
- Doctors say vaccine passports make sense to limit spread of COVID-19
- 'It moved fast:' UK variant now causing most COVID-19 cases in Florida, doctor says
- Derek Chauvin trial: 4th teen eyewitness testifies about George Floyd's death at Derek Chauvin trial
- NYT: Rep. Matt Gaetz said to be under investigation for possible sexual relationship with teen
- Study finds high levels of carcinogen in some hand sanitizer brands
- Church transformed into luxury home up for sale in St. Petersburg
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter