POLK COUNTY, Fla. — The Polk County Sheriff's Office says two people were hurt Monday morning in a crash on railroad tracks.
Investigators say the crash happened at the entrance to Mosaic property on State Road 60.
The westbound lanes of SR-60 were shut down while the car was removed from the tracks, according to the sheriff's office. The roadway was reopened around 9 a.m.
The two people who were inside the car at the time of the crash were transported by Polk County Fire Rescue.
The sheriff's office did not say if there was a train involved in the crash.
This is a developing story. Stay with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- How people can prepare for the next pandemic
- Video shows Florida principal paddle 1st-grade student
- SpaceX returns 4 astronauts to Earth in rare nighttime splashdown
- FHP: Drunken wrong-way driver eventually stopped on I-4 after a few crashes
- Worker shortage forces some Tampa Bay restaurants to close early
- 'I owe you a new broom': Hillsborough County deputy pulls hissing gator back into pond
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter