SARASOTA, Fla. — Update: Marie Morel has been found safe in North Port.
Previous: Sarasota Police are asking for help in finding a 68-year-old woman who was last seen early Wednesday morning.
Police say Marie Morel was last seen walking in a parking lot on 18th Street near North Orange Avenue in Sarasota at 5 a.m. Wednesday.
Morel is described as being 5'7" and about 150 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last wearing a nightgown and a gray zip-up sweater with a hood, according to the report.
Police say Morel has a medical condition that requires medication and is believed to be traveling on foot.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call 911
or the Sarasota Police Department at 941-316-1199.
What other people are reading right now:
- Are some COVID-19 vaccines more effective than others?
- Florida Senate sets aside $3 million for Piney Point clean-up
- Police stepping up patrols in South St. Pete after gun violence grows
- CDC's new cruise guidelines could create conflict with Florida's 'no vaccine passports' order
- Derek Chauvin trial: George Floyd's possible drug use takes center stage
- Amid federal probe, Rep. Matt Gaetz set to give keynote speech at women's conservative group summit in Florida
- Is blowback in Georgia delaying vote on similar election changes in Florida?
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter