NORTH PORT, Fla. — A North Port woman has been arrested on DUI manslaughter charges after a wrong-way crash in Sarasota resulted in the death of a pregnant woman last year.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, at around 5:00 a.m. on Nov. 29, 2020, Jasmine Ann Gray, 27, was driving south on River Road when she veered into the northbound lane. They say she crashed head-on into another car, killing a 28-year-old woman and her unborn child.
That day, Gray was transported to Sarasota Memorial Hospital and later released.
Troopers arrested her on Thursday after a toxicology report revealed that her blood alcohol level was a .124, FHP says.
Gray has been booked into Sarasota County Jail and not only faces two counts of DUI manslaughter but also two counts of driving with a suspended license.
- CVS offering COVID vaccine to Florida teachers under 50
- $600K in COVID-19 precautions: Here's what to expect at this year's Florida Strawberry Festival
- House passes sweeping police reform bill named after George Floyd
- Senate debate on COVID bill, $1,400 checks may start today
- SpaceX's Starship sticks its landing but blows up
- Where to get the COVID-19 vaccine in Florida
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter