VAMO, Fla. — A portion of southbound U.S. 41 was shut down overnight while the Florida Highway Patrol and Sarasota County Sheriff's Office investigated a deadly crash.
Troopers say a 17-year-old driver was traveling south on the roadway when a bicyclist attempting to cross U.S. 41 from a side access road traveled into the car's path.
The 68-year-old bicyclist died in the crash, according to an accident report.
The crash remains under investigation.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- Florida surgeon general orders vaccine providers to ensure recipients live in the state
- Senate could get Trump impeachment articles Friday
- How could some of President Biden's top campaign promises impact Florida?
- 10 facts about Kamala Harris, America's history-making vice president
- Third stimulus check: When could you get $1,400 now that Biden is officially the president?
- How to get a COVID-19 vaccine at Publix
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter