Local law enforcement headed to Central Florida this week in order to celebrate the graduation of a fallen officer's daughter.
Tarpon Springs Police Department congratulated Aleena Kondek after she received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Central Florida. Aleena's father, Charles R. Kondek Jr., was a Tarpon Springs officer when he was killed in the line of duty back in December 2014.
"TSPD wishes Aleena the greatest success that her chosen career has to offer and we know she will rise to the occasion throughout her career in helping others in the community in which she will be serving," the police department wrote in a Facebook post.
Aleena worked at the university's police department while completing her degree, TSPD says. She'll now be working as a registered nurse with a 'prestigious hospital' in Florida.
What other people are reading right now:
- Buying a home in a seller's market? We have tips.
- When you should workout after getting COVID-19
- Critics unsure if Facebook's oversight board is a watchdog or distraction
- FHP: Driver charged with DUI after trooper, others injured in I-275 crash
- Gov. Ron DeSantis officially announces $1,000 bonuses for first responders
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter