TAMPA, Fla. — You may notice something more than just Christmas decorations at Tampa International Airport.
Monday morning, a banana was discovered duct-taped to a TPA sign.
On its Facebook page, the airport states bidding for the banana will start at $120,000, "serious inquiries only."
This display is a parody of a recent display and sale of a banana at Art Basel in Miami.
Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan's work of art sold for $120,000.
On Saturday, according to the Chicago Tribune, New York-based performance artist David Datuna pulled the banana off the wall and ate it. According to BBC, he said snacking on the banana was his own art performance.
He called the event: "Hungry Artist."
What other people are reading right now:
- FBI investigating deadly shooting at NAS Pensacola as an act of terrorism
- No, Steve Harvey didn't announce the wrong winner again at Miss Universe
- Child with cancer reunited with parents after court battle over treatment, mom says
- Church nativity scene portrays Jesus, Mary, Joseph separated at border
- 'Rare' cardinal appears male on one side, female on the other
FREE 10NEWS APP: