A snorkeler found almost 70 pounds of cocaine in a floating bale this week in the Florida Keys.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says the swimmer was near Craig Key Wednesday afternoon when the surprising discovery was made.
The snorkeler notified deputies, who contacted U.S. Border Patrol.
Investigators say the bale contained 25 bricks of cocaine and weighed 68 pounds. The bale was valued at about $1.5 million.
- CVS offering COVID vaccine to Florida teachers under 50
- $600K in COVID-19 precautions: Here's what to expect at this year's Florida Strawberry Festival
- House passes sweeping police reform bill named after George Floyd
- Senate debate on COVID bill, $1,400 checks may start today
- SpaceX's Starship sticks its landing but blows up
- Where to get the COVID-19 vaccine in Florida
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter