PALM BEACH, Fla. — A black SUV has breached two security checkpoints at President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said the woman who was driving was dancing on her car before she drove through the checkpoints.
The driver, 31-year-old Hannah Roemhild was in a parking lot dancing on the top of a Jeep she had rented when Florida Highway Patrol troopers approached her, WPEC reported. Then, Roemhild got in the Jeep.
A trooper smashed out the driver's side window of the Jeep to try and get control of the steering wheel, according to WPEC. That's when troopers said Roemhild drove away and a chase ensued.
Authorities say the SUV was heading toward the main entrance, and shots were fired by law enforcement.
The SUV then drove away while being pursued by FHP and a helicopter from the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office. The SUV has since been found, and two people are in custody.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the shooting and chase.
President Trump is expected to arrive at the resort later Friday.
The Secret Service released the following statement to 10News:
The U.S. Secret Service is working with our local law enforcement partners in Palm Beach County, FL regarding police activity near the Mar-a-Lago club. As more information is developed, the appropriate law enforcement agencies will provide further details.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Ship believed to be lost in Bermuda Triangle found off coast of St. Augustine
- 3 women killed, a baby abducted, and the accused captor dead: Here's what we know
- Orthodox Jewish couple removed from plane over body odor sues American Airlines
- Thousands of grackles take over Houston parking lots -- again
- Her husband was a sheriff's deputy who died by suicide. Now, she's speaking out.
- Facebook removing fake cures, conspiracy theories about coronavirus
- They're here! Invasive, herpes-carrying monkeys spreading across Florida