MOUNT DORA, Fla. — The missing child alert for John Weldon was canceled Wednesday after the 9-year-old boy was found safe, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
FDLE activated the Missing Child Alert on March 9 after officials began looking for him and believed he was traveling out of the state with 42-year-old Daryl Weldon.
Authorities have not provided more details on where John was found.
- Third stimulus check: Senate votes to pass Biden's $1.9 trillion Covid-19 relief bill
- DeSantis plans to lower vaccine age requirements this month
- Several retail locations offering COVID vaccine to Florida teachers under 50
- Data shows Black and Hispanic Floridians left behind in vaccine access
- Here's why Florida's unemployment system didn't stand a chance when COVID hit
- Your guide to the 2021 Florida Strawberry Festival
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter